Rental Rules and Guidelines
- Renter understands that rates are different for auditions, showings (even informal ones), and photo shoot or video shoots, and agrees to use the space for rehearsal only unless permission has been given by management and appropriate payment has been made for such use.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in or around the building.
- Brooklyn Ballet reserves the right to show studios and its adjoining facilities to other prospective clients during operating hours. These visits will be staff supervised and organized in conjunction with the renter’s schedule.
- Brooklyn Ballet reserves the right to cancel renter's individual rehearsals or to terminate rental relationship at its discretion.
BROOKLYN BALLET 160 SCHERMERHORN HOURS AND REGULATIONS
- 160 Schermerhorn is open Monday through Friday 9AM-10PM and Saturday 9AM-6PM and Sunday 9AM-5PM. Entrance is located at 160 Schermerhorn Street between Hoyt and Smith Streets. Rentals outside of these hours may require an additional fee.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- CONTRACT SIGNER MUST BE PRESENT AT REHEARSALS.
- First time renters are required to pay for their rental in full within 24 hours of their booking or their space will be released. They must also provide a valid credit card number that Brooklyn Ballet reserves the right to use in case of a no show. Returning renters must pay for their space before their rehearsal. We accept payment by cash, check or credit cards. Please note that renters are held responsible for any fees related to any bounced checks.
- Our cancellation policy is 72 hours, but we ask that you alert us to cancellations even sooner to allow for rebooking.
- Brooklyn Ballet will not be held accountable for lost or stolen articles or for personal injury occurred on the premises.
PLEASE USE OUR STUDIOS WITH CARE AND REFRAIN FROM:
- Dragging the ballet barres.
- Moving the speakers, furniture, or reconfiguring the stereo equipment.
- Leaning against or propping items against the mirrors or windows.
- Vocalizing, rehearsing, or warming up in the hallways or lobby area.
- The use of substances on the dance floor including but not limited to rosin, powder or tape (gaffer’s tape and spike tape are permissible with prior approval, and residue must be cleaned by renter prior to vacating the space).
- Heavy or sharp objects on the dance floors.
- The use of hard soled/percussive footwear (character shoes are allowed, provided they do not leave marks on the floor).
- The use of Brooklyn Ballet's costumes, props, or equipment (other than boom box).
- Bringing any food or drink into the studio area (except water bottles).
BROOKLYN BALLET LOBBY AREA
The lobby area is for the comfort and convenience of all. Please abide by the following guidelines:
- Brooklyn Ballet’s lobby is available to renters 15 minutes before and after the rental agreement. Use of the lobby other than as a waiting area is not permitted without permission.
- Avoid loud conversation and cell phone usage.
- Eating and drinking is allowed in the lobby (not the dance studio), but please clean up after yourselves.
- Be aware of and courteous to all who share this space.
EXITING THE STUDIOS
- We ask that the studios be left in the same – or better – condition than they are found. Please be aware of and cleanup any items that may be left behind such as but not limited to: trash, clothing items, chairs, bags, water bottles, food, etc.
- Lost and found is located underneath the bench in the lobby area.
- Turn off the stereo and return to original location if applicable.
- Shut off studio lights (behind the printer) and lock both doors (if you are the last renter).
- Break down any used tables and chairs.
- Put away chairs and other materials where they were found.
- Make sure all members of your party are outside the building before both doors close at the end of your scheduled rehearsal.
Our policies are NOT NEGOTIABLE. They exist only to protect the livelihood of the organization, so we can afford to continue serving artists.